See On Our News Page for Stock, Delivery & Collection Information Before You Order
REBOUND manufacture & supply coloured Recycled Rubber Chippings which have been created by shredding certain types of tyres to resemble traditional stone chippings. They are ideal for use in children’s play areas as they add a soft and springy protective layer helping cushion children when they fall.
PLAYSAFE Rubber Chippings are made from 100% recycled rubber products, which are then cleaned, shredded, made tyre-wire free and then brightly coloured to produce a highly durable, colourful and long lasting alternative to bark chippings.
Public & commercial areas are covered by the more detailed requirements of BS EN 1176 (relating to loose fill products). These require a greater depth of loose fill products when used in a public/commercial environment. In accordance with BS EN 1177 (2008) an additional 100mm of material should be included to allow for displacement when in use.
One of our 500kg bags will cover ~25m2 & a 20kg bag will cover ~1m2 both with a depth of 5cm
Benefits of PLAYSAFE Rubber Chippings:
- Excellent alternative to bark chippings.
- Clean, colourful & environmentally friendly.
- The soft and bouncy layer is safe, easy to maintain and completely weather resistant.
- Great impact absorption – helps protect children when they fall (BS EN 1177 2008 tested).
- Can be used in all weathers. Dries super-fast in the rain and won’t freeze in the winter.
- Available in a range of great colours. – No colour deterioration nor decomposition.
- No more muddy footprints through the house.
- Does not attract cats or dogs.
- Easy to Install and completely maintenance free afterwards.
- Children love it.
- Simply one of the safest play surfaces available.
- Low environmental impact – recycled product that would otherwise be sent to landfill or incinerated.
- Made from 100% recycled rubber products.
- Coloured with water based acrylics.
- PLAYSAFE Rubber Chippings are the preferred play surface for hundreds of schools & nurseries throughout the UK. Not only does it offer best protection against falls than any other surface available it never needs to be replaced & will not dis-colour.
- Amongst its many benefits this easy to lay product offers all year round use, whether sun, rain or snow. PLAYSAFE Rubber Chippings will allow your children to use their play area in all conditions.
- If laid on grass or bare earth we recommend that you lay our own REBOUND Landscape Fabric down first with an excess area to be cut when weighed down by the PLAYSAFE Rubber Chippings.
- As PLAYSAFE Rubber Chippings is a loose product we suggest that you create a retaining border around the play area using timber or dig a shallow pit to hold the product.
- Lay the PLAYSAFE Rubber Chippings under any equipment to a minimum depth of 5cm, with an extra 5cm per metre for the height of the equipment, we also advise that you lay the product to a distance of at least 1.5m away from any such equipment.
- We recommend that children wear suitable footwear while walking / playing on the PLAYSAFE Rubber Chippings.
Black, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, Grey, Redwood & Lilac
If you experience problems with payments, please contact us direct to place your order, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.